In addition to our urgent care services, we also offer pet wellness care which includes preventative services that help to maintain your pet’s health for years to come. Our pets age far faster than we do, meaning that diseases and conditions can develop faster, too. At Pet Check Urgent Care, our goal is to give you as many good years with your pet as possible. With our routine pet wellness care services, we aim to maintain your pet’s health and catch any developing conditions sooner, before they become larger problems.
Walk in for a wellness exam- any day, from 9am to 9pm!
What’s Included with a Yearly Wellness ExamAnnual or semiannual exams are essential for staying on top of your pet’s ever-changing health care needs. During a wellness exam, we perform a thorough evaluation of your pet’s total health. Some of the services we offer include:
- Nose-to-tail physical exam
- Weight check and body condition score
- Nutritional evaluation
- Behavioral evaluation
- Time to answer any questions you have about your pet’s health
- Fecal exam
- Urinalysis, if necessary
- Vaccinations, if due
- Parasite prevention
- Age-appropriate blood work to detect underlying diseases
Life-Stage CarePet wellness care changes as pets age. A puppy or kitten’s health needs are vastly different from a senior cat or dog. Things that change with age include:
- Diet and nutritional needs. No single diet will work for your pet’s entire life! Their nutritional and caloric needs will change as they age, and it’s essential to modify their diet with these changes. Obesity is a serious issue for pets, but it can be avoided with the best diet for each life-stage.
- Vaccinations. While your pet may be an outdoor adventurer in their youth and adulthood, that could change with age. Some lifestyle vaccines such as leptospirosis and Lyme disease are only necessary for pets who are exposed to those dangers. If your pet is no longer outdoors, they may no longer need these and other lifestyle vaccines.
- Age-related conditions. Senior pets often develop age-related conditions such as arthritis, senility, and other issues that will need to be managed appropriately to maintain their quality of life.